Boss makes a really cool Audio player with guitar effects, the JS-8. It turns out that some of the cool sounds that is has can be downloaded directly via a little hacking.
How to download the JS-8 sounds
You’ll need to create a fake JS-8 device. To do this you basically download the backup data and then format a thumbdrive so that it looks like a JS-8 device.
- Download eBand JS-8 factory installed data in the included SD Card
- Insert a thumbdrive, format it and name it “JS-8”.
- Unzip the “eBand JS-8 factory installed data in the included SD Card” and drag the “ROLAND” folder onto the newly formatted thumbdrive.
- Download the eBand Song List Editor Ver.1.01 for Windows
- Unzip, then install “eBand Song List Editor”
- Open “eBand Song List Editor”, it will automatically detect your faked JS-8 device and allow you to export all the songs from it.